I’m not as prepared as I had planned.
In all fairness to me, it’s been a crazy week. But we’re going to start anyway. First, my weigh in. As a reminder, this isn’t anything where I have a weightloss goal in mind, it’s just a drive to do better. That said, I’m starting at 170lbs. I’ve fluctuated a bit in the past months.
Ultimately, this was just a hard day at work and it left me wanting to binge like crazy. I did snack but they were low cal options like popcorn. I’d grade myself a C+ for the days’ accomplishments.
This challenge isn’t dissimilar to how this blog got started or where I came up with the name, but I still think it would be fun.
I’ve seen a few variations of the challenge but in essence, it comes down to this:
- At least a little exercise everyday.
- 5 bottles of water per day.
- Follow a skin care routine.
- Have a get-ready/hygiene routine in general.
- Eat better.
- Put down your phone for an hour.
- Be nicer to people around you.
- Be confident in yourself.
Essentially it seems like a “Commit to being your best self for 30 days” challenge.
We’re going to start this for August so we have a few days now to get ready. Here’s my plan:
I want to create a solid meal plan and grocery lists for the month. I do all my grocery shopping using City Market pickup and if I don’t have a plan, I end up eating out. If I get everything organized now, I have no reason to not follow through.
I also want to have a gym workout routine with rewards and fall backs for when I can’t manage it that day so I still do something.
I may invest in a different water bottle or several so there’s a rotation but we’ll see about that.
If I feel too overwhelmed, I think I’ll allow myself a total of 3 cheat days so I can have an off day and get back to it.
I’m going to look into a new skin care routine since mine now is really just… Wash your face ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Essentially, I’m going to take the next few days and plan and we’ll soon be on our way! Wish me luck!
These veggie pot stickers are easy, delicious, and come out to be about 200 calories per serving (about 6 pot stickers). Feel free to modify it to your favorite veggies!
Makes 12-16 pot stickers
- 1/4 head cabbage, chopped into ribbons
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1/2 squash, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 handful cilantro diced
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 12 pot sticker wrappers (mine are 60 calories for 4 wrappers)
- 1/4 cup water
- Prepare your veggies by dicing everything to be pretty small. You’re wanting to get an even mixture when you fill the wrappers.
- Spray your pan, then add all of the veggies minus the cilantro. You can add your vinegar and soy sauce as well. You want your stove to be on a medium heat. You’re just trying to cook some of the water out of the mixture. Stir every few minutes.
- Once your veggie mixture is about half the size it was, you can remove it from heat and add your cilantro. Give it a good stir, then set aside to cool.
- When you’re ready to make your pot stickers, set your pan up on the stove on a medium heat with another spritz of cooking spray and about 1/4 cup water. As it heats up, add your filling to your wrappers, lining the sides with a bit more water, then pinching them closed. You can go for looks but the most important thing is that the dumpling is sealed completely.
- Add all pot stickers to your pan at once and cover, letting them steam for about 5 minutes. If your pan is too hot, the bottoms will burn while the tops won’t be cooked enough. You may want to try a tester dumpling to start. sometimes I’ll flip my pot stickers halfway through if I’m in that kind of a mood but it’s optional based on how doughy you like yours.
- You’re ready to eat! If you serve with 1/4 cup of white rice, tack on another 50 calories.